Monday, October 17, 2005

Hacking


One of my predecessors. According to the dictionary, a hack is defined as:
n.
1. A horse used for riding or driving; a hackney.
2. A worn-out horse for hire; a jade.
3. a. One who undertakes unpleasant or distasteful tasks for money or reward; a hireling; b. A writer hired to produce routine or commercial writing.
4. A carriage or hackney for hire.
5. A taxicab.

Tonight I mostly felt like a combination of 2 and 3a. Add to this the fact that my sore throat and cough is back, and I become a stupid play on words, a hack with a hacking cough. Either I got sick again or I never fully recovered from my illness of last week. Whichever it is, it put me in a bad mood for most of the night.


The one really nice thing that happened tonight was when some people I know randomly got in the cab at 42nd and 8th. This is Nico and his friend Nadia.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nico is EVERYwhere!

Anonymous said...

Write a book. You're wasting your talents.

Just found this blog after reading Yahoo news...best reading I've done in Mexico in years.

Cheers

usb said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
usb said...

That's funny, I don't see computer hacking on that list. I, too, read about your blog on the news and I've been reading it all night. Great work.